The standard relating to the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) gives business the assurance that its information assets are available when required even in the event of a disaster.
- Obtain Management's commitment to Business Continuity.
- Ensures that Business Continuity is implemented based on business requirements.
- Controls the costs of Business Continuity.
- Ensures compliance with requisite Laws and Regulations.
- Ensures that the company will be able to function after a disaster.
- Protects the company's Intellectual property.
- Protects the company's reputation.